View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Razz article in Sept magazine- 5th street is a value bet!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5th street came down like this:

Hero ------- (J3)A28
Pro -------- (XX)879

I was hoping for a wheel card or maybe a 6, but an 8 was good enough to put my plan into action. It was time to complete the "slowplay-check-raise-semi-semibluff."

[/ QUOTE ]

You're ahead of any hole cards he could have. Where is the semi-bluff part? Only if you catch higher than 7 on 6th will you be a dog... and the pot is big enough to cover you regardless.

QJ3 are gone, so you have at worst about a 33% to catch a lock on 6th- including the two 3's that he doesn't know are a brick. Even if he would put you on the nut wheel on 3rd street, can he continue with was it most likely a rough 98.. in case he's wrong?

He has about the same to catch a card that "improves" him to an 87 with a 7-draw. He's more likely to be stuck with a rough 9 on 6th street.

Did you mean this to only represent what the pro MIGHT be putting you on, as far as the "semi-bluff"?

Otherwise, I'm confused by your semi-bluff motivation for check-raising. This seems like a pure value-raise to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's calling it a "semi-bluff" because he would prefer the opponent folds.

anyway, i think leading out is better than the c/r unless you have a monster read that your opponent is stupid enough to bet in his spot -- which apparently this "pro" was.