View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: please to be helping me stop lose money [stats post]

Just a quick note, at the 1/2-2/4 level you will making your money by value betting and being patient to a certain extent. Yes you will find some players that you can run over but trying to play a 30/20 or 35/25 style is difficult when starting out. I have no doubt that some can play very lag/tag at this level and do well but those are the same players that play higher with the same type of game using their hand reading skills. You probably know this but you need to find a site with a good rb/bonus at this level to off-set the rake. When looking at the rake, I think that is another reason to play a more traditional 25-28/15-18 style at this level. Also, pay attention to how often your opponents are attempting to steal. VS a regular 1/2-2/4 player on most sites you can tighten up a bit in the BB compared to the 3/6 and higher games. I think some of the problems people have is using the stats of a winning 5/10-10/20 player and trying to play the same game at the low stakes. Most of your $ you make at this level with come from bonus/rb, and I would suggest at least 500bb as a minimum even at this level. Also, if your playing on a site with a bbj, the low limit games can't be beat in terms of bb/100 if you don't count rb/bonus..etc.