View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: $5 - AKs UTG - Bubble

[ QUOTE ]
OP - i admit the "tone" of my post was intended to rile you up a bit, but only bc it seemed you really really wanted to find a post here telling you that "you have a healthy stack, you could be flipping, you can find a better spot, drawing hand, etc." this is complete garbage. FWIW i think you played the hand very well and everybody else here agrees.

i mean, i am folding here like never unless i know he has AA/KK (or if it is the actual money bubble and stacks are weird, etc) and while it is "possible" to get that read on someone it is highly unlikely at a lower stakes MTT where the player pools are so large and it is difficult to have much relevant history w/ one particular player.

i know you raised UTG and your range should be v. tight, and the 3-bettor should know this and only re-pop you w/ a super-premium pair. and i wasn't at the table, so you obv know his range better than i do. if you have a read, you should DEF go with it.

w/e, play was standard, nh. do it again. and again. and again. and next time when you win this hand and end up at the Final Table w/ a huge chipstack (after punishing the FT Bubble) you will crush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks zooot,
You're kinda right. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
I was 90% sure it was my survival instinct that had me conflicted..
But I aspire to be 100% sure and remove the immature player in me.

I've been getting deep in most of the tourneys I'm playing and I'm trying to find any leak I can.

My brain put him on JJ+ or AK at worst, and my gut was screaming AA/KK.
Turned up QQ.

p.s. just busted in a textbook flip in the $5 5k [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]