View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Is there anything more ridonkulous than the mid-limits in AC?

[ QUOTE ]
I read it, its a great book, thats why I steal raise with my hand. BB defender had a 43o, which is not on the chart, so I guess that hand doesn't have the 30% equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

So when you read a book do you normally keep your eyes closed? Because thats how its coming across with your responses in this thread so far - we are trying to help you here - if you prefer to be left in the dark thats fine, just let us know and you can continue to live life happily without knowing that your understanding of optimum blind play is significantly flawed.

1) 35% equity is where you should defend, thats the proven and accepted optimal range based on expected value. The key is to open and tighten your range vs the villain's steal range. Your confusing the concepts of equity and stealing range.

2) This list doesn't come from the book, it was created using an equity simulator.

3) 43o offsuit is just one pip below the optimal calling range of 54o. In the long run its possible that you loose less from 43o than 54o, we are splitting hairs here. The reason why you defend with 34o isnt to proffit, its to reduce the long-term loss of hands like 34o in the BB. I'd rather loose .4 BB/hand than .5BB/hand over the course of 5,000 trials anyday, theoretically thats a savings of 500BB over the trial period.

4) Your looking a bit foolish, you would be better off saying "thanks, I just learned something today" than argue a point that you already lost.

5) Your post-flop play in the hand was 10x worse than calling with 34o in the BB vs your likely steal range.