View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Talking poker outside 2p2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ha. I usually just try to be vague. If they ask me about money I have no problem being vague, "I lost a little" or "I won a bit" or "I finished about even I think" usually appeases them.

The only thing I sometimes don't catch myself on is when someone asks something like "Wiggs, how do you play pocket pairs before the flop" and I come back with "I mean, are you first to open? How many big blinds is your stack? What position are you in. I mean it depends on all that, plus how loose or tight everyone is behind you. If someone raised how big was it? Just one opponent? Oh it also depends on how many people are at the table and how big everyone's stack is behind you." - And then they say "I just mean, when you get a pair, what do you usually do?" Puts me on life tilt and I wish I had just said "call" the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm out to dinner with my dad's wife's family. Her sister's husband is a finance guy (wealthy and retired ldo) and digs poker. He comes up to me during the dinner and goes, and I quote, "You have ace king and you read a guy for a pair, are you in or are you out?"

[/ QUOTE ]
"I'm not just in, IM ALL-IN BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Then you hi-five!