View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Describe the Lounge

[ QUOTE ]
"Insightful Discussion from Anal Bleaching to Zoophilia."

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. What kind of person comes up with this?

I like a lot of DaveT's ideas. Dave, I wish you would start more threads. In fact, try to start 1 every other day, ok?

Today I felt like discussing 3 different topics - global warming, how to become the perfect mate, and dealing with an awkward coworker situation. I will probably not start any of these threads, though, due to the fact that I am so depressed I wouldn't mind if a truck ran over my head at this time. I don't know, are these even of interest to anyone? I'm not sure I know what loungers want to discuss anymore (other than what makes a hot actress really hot). Personally I miss the DVD club. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Let's face it, all 3 of the forums welcome the same topics and would like to have rich discussion. For me the main thing I see as being different is that the lounge opens its arms to reviews (old and new film reviews, book reviews, beer reviews etc.) encourages new posters to start threads, allows experimental and bloggy type posts, even allows short fiction pieces, and discourages personal attacks against other posters. Anyone can start a post at any time. You don't have to feel weird starting a thread. At least I hope we don't make you feel weird [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] In general we try to be laid back and tolerant.

Another difference is that we have opened it up to some game and contest threads which I feel are a fun community builder. I would like to do more weekend games so if anyone has a good idea please share it in the chat thread.

Tolerant, artsy and diverse but not too stupid. We're like the Amsterdam of the forums.