View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Stud High- 554

Hi Andy....

Nice to be back....

I don't disagree with you about calling with the drawing hands and such....

However...
If i am reading this converter thing correctly ( and we all know i am not an online junky).. hero cold called with the position RIGHT AFTER the initial raiser with a pair of fives. My opinion is if he wanted to play the holding (which may or may not be right) he should have re-raised forcing all the other players to cold call 2 bets. Here he didn't and ended up with a five way pot, because as is standard in low limit games... everyone else called. (as you mentioned)... However in my experience when it gets to 2 bets... many players actually start to think and you may end up with the favorable short handed situation.

If I am going to play a small pair with small kicker I want the situation in one of two ways....

1) Heads -up
2) Everyone (or at the least 6 players) in the pot... (obviously for pot odds)........................
Which again if i am reading this converter thing correctly... hero couldn't have known given his position.

and some people don't think poisition makes a difference in Stud. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just my 3 cents...

great to chat woth you Andy...

CJ