View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Talk to me about AJo from various positions.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you're playing a typical mid-limit game at a place we'll call Broccoli Pete's, AJo is a fold to an UTG raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood, many thanks. I now see that at the main game at Lentil Ron's, AJo must clearly be considered a major leak in the face of aggression. Id consider (consider, mind you) cold calling in late position at one of the must-move games simply because the retard factor is so very strong there.

Btw the hand in question took place at a 30-60 lhe game at Oaks, and really forced me to reconsider my whole "call it down in case they are overplaying a big pair" dictum in the face of preflop aggression. Against limpers I think maybe it holds water against people who limped in with AXs and think Im calling down middle pair, but Im starting to wonder if even that is a leak in the long run...

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get rid of the "call" mentality. Good players almost never call preflop raises with any hand. You generally raise or fold. The only exceptions are hands that play well in multi-way pots, maybe KQs or AJs. Any other hand you would consider playing against a raise when nobody else has called before you is a re-raise. Even against the loose retard, raise or fold. You don't want to pay two bets to play AJ in a multi-way pot.