View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games

[ QUOTE ]
i'm definitely getting this book.. i've only become aware of nate recently, but his posts are great and he seems very knowledgable. and i had to look up his compliment of the book in the dictionary LOL....

also, i've been trying to come up in the mind with how short-stacked NL (like many situations in many types of tourneys) and tigher limit compare and contrast. i know there are differences... not ultra-short but 15-20BB type stacks. you open raise for 3X on button with K9o. BB calls. mixed type flop that missed and BB comes out with small bet. i get the idea this book might help me reading that situation, even though the situation is NL.... basically sounds like a great hand reading book. and tons of people liked roy cooke's book even though it was limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

bruin--

Hey, thanks for the compliment.

I'm actually thoroughly interested in anything amulet has to share. What makes this book unique is what I'm least qualified to judge: the shorthanded postflop situations. This is basically the only skill set that's unique to LHE.* (That's not to say that there aren't tough postflop situations, just that they're not qualitatively all that different from those in Stud or whatnot.)

Anyway, while I consider myself technically sound, I don't have high-limit online experience and whenever I've played 80-160+ live I've had all sorts of tempo+physical information to work with. So strictly speaking this part of my game is probably deficient. Meanwhile amulet has either been perpetrating a fairly involved fraud or beating high-stakes limit games for a heck of a long time now.

Anyway, this book and Schneids' CardRunners videos are the "tough games" LHE canon, as far as I'm concerned.

--Nate

*This claim might be controversial.