View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: NL50: TPTK OOP gets raised on flop on fairly dry board by unknown

In cts' recent video at 200NL he mentions at one point that he noticed that many villains had bet-sizing tells where they were much less likely to bluff-raise over larger c-bets in position in these kinds of spots because they didn't like to have to commit so much of their stacks to do so. For that same reason, I think I'd rather bet more like 4$ on this flop.

As played, I guess it really comes down to whether or not we can put hands like KQ, or some kind of semi-bluff with hands {89s,J9s,AK,KJ} (or total air) into his range. If yes, shove, if not, fold. What's a better range for an unknown flat calling an UTG raiser at 50NL? I don't know. How many hands have you been at the table and how much raising have you done in that time? If he hasn't seen you raising or c-betting all that much I'm probably OK with giving this one up and making a note, but it's very close and a shove can't be a huge mistake either.

I agree that with these stack sizes calling is awkward. If we call and check the turn he should shove for slightly more than pot with his entire range and we have a very tough decision. So shove or fold I think.