View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Live 1/2 NL AA with ugly flop but interesting circumstances

-the pot is about $80,
-effective stacks are $125,
-SPR is ~1.5,
-there are 3 loose players to the flop who think you are "in the middle" solid,
-you are in between a caller who checked the flop, and another caller button left to act behind you.

I think if you push, only Kx and 77 will call. If you check, you run the risk of a club or some other free card hitting the other players. If you check, you might also induce a bluff which will be indistinguishable from a Kx made hand. So, I think you need to bet, but not push.

So, bet $40. Fold if button pushes AND the 2/5 player calls. Make a judgement call if you bet $40, then one player folds while the other pushes (either button raising or 2/5 player CRAI). Call if you think that player might make a move with less than a K, but otherwise fold since he'd usually be afraid that you have AK if he didn't have the K or better. In the game you describe, I'd be inclined to call a push from either one of them as long as the other wasn't along for the ride. But folding wouldn't be terrible if the guy pushing was generally solid post-flop.

If button called, but then the 2/5 player CR'edAI, then I'd probably fold because one of them probably has the K or better.

Push any non-club turn if button calls and 2/5 player folds. C/f to push from button on a club turn unless you had a read that he is the type to play scare cards and phantom outs. If that's the case, c/c a club turn and hope he's bluffing with a single club. It's unlikely, though, so c/f might be best in that instance. Pushing a club turn doesn't make sense, since Kx or better won't fold, and worse hands (if he has somehow managed to get this far with a worse hand) can fold instead of making a semi-bluff with no king and one club (if he's the kind to make those plays).

Check behind any check from 2/5 player if button folds and 2/5 calls the flop, but checks the turn. Then if 2/5 player pushes the river, then call if it's a non-club (hoping you've induced a bluff), check behind if checked to, and probably fold if he pushes on a club river.