View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: EPT Barcelona, Bluffing and Catching bluffs

Hand 1: I don't like it on this board, I just don't think your line will make sense to Villain. What are you trying to represent? It could have worked.

Hand 2: I don't like it, I think you're getting called by any hand that has you beat. It didn't work, unless you already had the best hand, which is possible.

Hand 3: Good, especially against this villain. Worked.

Hand 4: I'd have to know your plan on the river to know if I like this.

Hand 5: I'd fold here. The check/call, check/check, bet line is more often a huge hand than a busted draw bluffing live in my experience. A thinking Villain believes he's getting called here if you have any hand at all, which makes it a bad spot to bluff, which consequently makes it a bad spot to bluff catch IMO. Didn't work.

Hand 6: It's the first hand of the day, you raised from EP/MP, I'd give him credit for something and fold, plus I think your FE is marginal at best. Maybe worked.

Hand 7: Unless you've made huge value bets on the river prior to this, this bet could easily get called by someone who says "Why so big? He's trying to push me out of the hand." I'm not sure your line is consistent with having hit the flush, but it could be. Worked if he doesn't have a lot of guts, didn't if he does.

Hand 8: This is a tough spot. You figure he would have 3bet you with an A, but you also figure he's not putting in most of his stack if he can't beat A rag, but he also could have left 18K behind because he's bluffing and didn't want to risk his entire stack. It's an extremely bad play by him if your hand is good, since there's a good chance you have an A, so I'd fold here. Toss up as to whether it worked.