View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 04:03 PM

Default NL10 Slowplay here goot?

While reviewing the session, I was taking notes on my decision to slow play, which I rarely do at NL10, and while I thought it was a good decision, I was looking for feedback from others.

UTG is a TAG and decent player
BTN is Semi-Loose with Normal-Passive aggression PF, but knows how to play, very aggressive post flop when he hits, plays a lot of fit/fold. Will chase with odds.
BB is a true LAG, hyper agressive pre and post flop. (60/30/7 over 250+ hands) That will consistently fire out a second barrel into multipots on the turn. (Turn aggression is 10+)

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($21.60)
Hero ($9.80)
BB ($9.45)
UTG ($16.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.10, Hero completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue">I decided to complete since the more passive player had open limped, I was out of position on the table, but if the LAG raised, would have a relative positional advantage, and I didn't want to face a three bet from the LAG, but would not mind calling a pre-flop raise if he made one. The LAG was not crazy PF, he would not do massive ALL-IN raises/re=raises unless pot size appropriate, his raises/re-raises were all pot size relative.</font>

Flop: ($0.30) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.3</font>, Button calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

<font color="blue"> I decided to slow play here because there was no before the flop action. I checked, got the LAG to bet and the more passive player to call then closed the action. I was hoping for a card on the turn that would complete straights/flushes that I could then stack and believed that a check/raise here would scream at least jack and shut down anything except for made straights and flushes and might even scare some of them away.</font>