View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

I desperately want to see Hughes, Joba and Kennedy in the rotation next year. I can live with them learning on the job.

The only thing that worries me is innings. I assume at least Joba will have an innings cap next year (he's never thrown more than 120 in a season) and maybe Hughes too (about 150 last year, but only 110 this year).

We all saw this year that the middle relief is a disaster. They have to find a couple of reliable arms if two of the five starters are going to be 6-inning guys.

I also really hope Pettitte comes back and they find something to do with Mussina other than start him every five days.

As for Santana, I'm under the impression that he's not going to sign an extension at this point and he wants to test the market. I'd much rather wait a year and sign him when half the roster becomes free agents (Pettitte, Mussina, Giambi, Pavano, Farnsworth) than trade for him.

I'll happily take the lumps that come with starting three rookies this year if it means a rotation of Santana, Hughes, Joba, Wang and Kennedy next year.