View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

Pettites whole "big game pitcher" reputation is rather amusing. He is good in the playoffs but nowhere what the media makes it out to be (although after game 2 they creamed themselves over him)
With that said hes still a good pitcher, better than any option theyll be able to aquire (unless they get santana) so I hope they keep him. Havibng 3 guys in the rotation with less than 20 combine starts is a recipe for disaster.
Posada is a horrendous defensive catcher. 36 year old catchers don't suddenly peak. I hope they dont give him any more than 2 years. He should also be getting a lot more time as the DH. Giambi is awful give posada his abs.
If they could get Rowand to play center move Cabrera to right.

If you could trade for santana only do it if you can sign him to an extension. Theres no point in givng up joba or hughes if theyre only going to have him for a year. However if they could sign him to an extension not giving up hughes would be a huge mistake. I can think of a ton top notch cant miss pitching prospects in the last 15 or so years that have ammounted to almost nothing in the majors for a variety of reasons.

Torre needs to go. The only manager who ever made him look smart is Phil Garner. He cant even use rivera correctly any more.

Finally Rivera. If he walks Im canceling my season ticket plan plain and simple.