View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 10:22 PM

Default Re: $1/$2NL--weak/tighties now

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to Vegas soon and I haven't played in the Caesar's poker room before so I was planning on checking it out. But after reading that story about them allowing someone to run off with someone else's chips then I'm not too keen on playing there.

Maybe that could have happened somewhere else too but I really don't think that Caesar's handled that situation well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like how that was handled, you REALLY shouldn't come play anywhere in Vegas--I don't think you'd get a better result anywhere else. Caesars did everything they possibly could be asked to do. I'd bet in most places the floor would not have chased the guy down and brought him back...once out the door, the guy woulda been free and clear. Caesars did great. Demanding they make good on the cheat's bet is asking too much.

It's also very possible Caesars has or will reimburse the victim of that story at some point. The story ain't over. If they DO reimburse him, they'll probably ask him to not relay that info to anyone since they REALLY don't want word spreading that they'll cover such things...it's too easy to cheat 'em if they do.

And I've mentioned that story at CP and was told by the dealer that they've all been told not to talk about it. Which is understandable. You can talk to your fellow players, just don't expect the dealer to chime in.