View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
Come on barryg1, what did you fold preflop in the Brunson v. Guy hand?? AJ maybe? small 2pr hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had Ace-Deuce of Spades. If the pot stayed small until the turn, which it would have without Doyle getting steamed up, I may have been forced to go all-in on the turn with my Aces up. I think I only had about 250k when the hand started.

As it played out, I thought Doyle had Ace-King and I thought Guy had him beat. Doyle wouldn't have called Guy's raise without the flush draw, but he might not have made a bet that gets him potstuck without it either.

When I said that Jamie lost the minimum to my quads, I wasn't just saying it to make Jamie feel good. I was seriously sick about it. I had no cards to this point and I finally had a chance to win a big pot.

My only big preflop hand comes after this. (I assume this will be shown on one of the upcoming episodes.) I had Kings. It happpened a long time ago, but I think the action goes like this: Someone raises in and I made it 10k and Antonio makes it 50k. This may be the first hand Antonio had played since four hours earlier when he flopped the set of Aces against me. I had between 250k and 300k at the start of the hand.

Barry