View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: FT Hand against Apestyles (is this -$ev)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one semi-related thing: am I the only person that thinks that someone who carefully studied ICM as it relates specifically to final tables of MTTs would have a huge edge on most people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a good feel for how ICM relates to different situations can be very helpful in final tables, IMO, esp since so many players have little idea what they're doing, in any level of buy-in (no offence to OP, but this hand is a good exmample. And I assume he is a strong player otherwise). So it can be a real advantage. But I wouldn't say you need to be a curtains-like expert, it's probably a waste of time if you're not playing SNGs for a living.

Although in second thought ICM mistakes in big buy-in MTTs final tables, can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars. So maybe it's worth it if you're planning to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

An icm mistake will never be worth hundreds of thousands in an MTT, sunday million similar situation he's probably not even losing 5 figures with a similar play. When a sng player is saying this type of play is "really bad" or anything like that it really only applies to the decision itself, in this case folding to the 3bet is pretty clear, but its not going to end up costing that much, apestyles posted this couple posts ago and its true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about the magnitude of ICM mistakes. When I said losing hundreds of thousands, I said big buy-in MTTs. Didn't mean sunday million, of course, was thinking more about WPT events and such.