View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for full time play

[ QUOTE ]
50 is fine, but without knowing your stakes, the number of hands you plan to play, you're throwing a dart in the dark.

[/ QUOTE ]

My current bankroll is a little over $20k. I have money in the bank too but I really hope to never touch this - not least of which my wife would kill me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I play a few different games online. NLH, PLO , Fixed limit holdem and Sngs. My current maximum stakes are 3/6 at both PLO and NLH and ~$200 sngs(I play the 220 ones on full-tilt too). I know everybody says this but I am a winning player in all of these - at least that's what PT and sharkscope tell me.

I think I will have to make sure I will play at least 90 table hours a week and drop down to 2/4 nl and plo for a while. I guess that would mean in the region of 90x70 =6300 hands a week. My win rates are 4.25 ptBB perr hour in nlH and 4.85 per hour in PLO. Note I'm using per hour not per 100 as it's the bottom line I'm interested in. My win rates in sngs are high over 10% ROI on most sites, but as always no doubt I need to play some more to be more confident on these results.

So I think the important thing is to try to ensure I put in plenty of table hours a month. I think 50 buy-ins is the minimum I need really and i realise I might even be taking a gamble on this figure but if things start to look in anyway bad I can make money from other sources so no major problem.

Also what I didn't say is I have been living off poker winnings exclusively already for the past year. So it's not a total new experience for me and I'm at least semi tried and tested I would hope it's fair to say. My other income that I had has not been touched in regards to day to day expenses and has been banked and used towards buying a property.

edit: One positive factor that I nearly forgot is rakeback. My win rates don't include this. Rakeback alone should be giving me a sizable % of the income I need.