View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Set mine in multiway pot

no i would not call here.

you're almost never stacking the guy to your left, according to the range i put him on. occasionally he'll flop top 2 vs your set or a big draw vs your set, but every other time you are folding when you miss (i assume you aren't bluffing here often), and even the times you do get it in vs him you probably aren't that far ahead. add this to the times that he flops set over set on you, and that he has position, and you pretty much are have no discernable edge against him.

SB - aggro, he knows you are UTG so he has a stronger hand than most of his 3bets, still, he's messing around at least 15-20% of the time (meaning you aren't stacking him when you flop a set these hands). He's going to miss with AQ/AK sometimes, you won't stack him much of the time here, and you'll run set into set under set here.

I'm not sure why i went into so much detail to basically say "assuming these guys play even moderately well post flop, you just won't be stacking them a large enough percentage of the time that you do in fact flop a set to make up for the fact that the stack sizes are only 100 BB's.

fold this hand.

tc