View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Aussie Millions Cash Game Invitational on FSN this Saturday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The Croc" might be the single biggest jackass I've ever seen on TV poker. And this is after half a decade of seeing guys like Joe Stillman, Tony G, Dmitri Nobles, Eric Molina, and Jamie Gold in tournament after tournament. The Croc trumped them all in about 15 minutes of screen time.

I'm a pacifist, but I would relish beating this guy senseless with wooden hammer. His sense of humor makes Phil Gordon look like Chris Rock. His poker skill makes Jamie Gold look like Barry Greenstein. His fashion sense makes Johnny Chan look like Marcel Luske. And his rude, irritating lack of etiquette makes Tony G look like Doyle Brunson.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat next to him on day 1 of the main event. My friend Cameron told me that apparently he's a real poker celebrity over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the [censored]? Im australian and this is the first ive ever seen of him, no idea who he is and he definitely isnt even F-grade famous, maybe he is just known around melbourne or something. What a weird guy, he either slightly unhinged or just blatantly using a gimmick to become a recognised player, or both. Definitely the huge fish on this show too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Billy The Croc has been around in the Australian poker scene for years, back when there was barely such a thing as the Australian poker scene. As such he's a minor celebrity amongst guys who have played the game for a while, but I'm not surprised to learn that newer players have never heard of him. I've never really talked to him so I can't comment on whether he's a douche or not. He's supposed to be not particularly good at the poker. He has 435k in tourney wins, but thats since like 1990, and who knows how much it's cost him in entry fees, travel expenses etc.