View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

[ QUOTE ]
I dropped from ~195 to ~170 by mid-November, but have pretty much plateaued during the holiday season due to an injury that kept me from working out very much for a few weeks and all the holiday related eating. My goal is 150, and once I get there, I may try to push on to 140 (hey, I'm short, sue me).

I've been trying to lose weight for about 6 months, but I'm not crash dieting or drastically changing my eating habits. I've done that before, and it's always worked to get the weight off, but I just keep putting it back on. This time, I'm just trying to stick with regular exercise and slight improvements in my diet with the hope that I will be able to keep it up once I get to my goal weight. At my current rate, it may take me another full year to get where I want to be, but I'm allright with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pleased to announce that I have reached the 30 pounds lost mark as of today, though it took me about 8 months rather than 90 days. Jogging 4x per week. On my hard workout days, I do 3 miles at about an 8 min pace and then 2 more easy miles, half walking, half jogging, at about an 11-12 min pace ... treadmill, 1.5 degree incline.

We also got an elliptical machine, so I use that some days when my feet/shins are hurting for a lower impact cardio workout.

Once I get down to about 155, I think I'm going to start lifting to add some tone/muscle as well.