View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: 1000 push-ups in 4 hours

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you are going to lose this. If he was eager to get action from you on this, he probably has it in the bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people take the gallon of milk challenge with huge confidence too. Doesn't mean they have any idea of what they can actually handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but those people don't usually offer the prop, they accept it. This whole thing started with the guy coming in and saying "hey, I bet you $50 I can do 4k push ups in a day" and negotiating from there, very strange.

Maybe I am just cynical, but when I left home to be a degen, my father took me aside and said "son, I'm sorry I can't stake you to a proper bankroll, but instead let me give you some advice. One day in your travels you will meet a man who will show you a brand new deck of cards upon which the seal has not been broken. This man will offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But you will not take this bet son, because as sure as you are standing there you will end up with an ear full of cider."

At any rate, Guys and Dolls aside, I am much more leery of prop bets people offer me than of prop bets I offer them.