View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Aspects of Life That Affect Your Poker Play

[ QUOTE ]
what? keep ego off the table! ego is your enemy at the table! it makes you feel the need to get unstuck if you are stuck, feel the need to win every pot. it makes you hate folding. it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean it that way. All the great poker players have a big ego. All of them. Having a big ego doesn't mean that you want to break even. Having a big ego means that you trust your reads, trust your instincts, that you believe that you are capable of making the best decision at every moment. If the best decision is to leave the table, then you should do it. Having big ego means that you are not affected by how the cards fall, that you are beyond the cards. A lot of people stop playing poker just because they don't have a big ego. They lose half of their bankroll and figure they suck while this is actually pretty normal thing. If you have a big ego, you say - it happens and move on and you are still capable of making the best decision at every time.

I am sure you will agree with me. You probably meant having a big ego in a different way that I did.