View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: 17 way chop - was it a good decision

[ QUOTE ]
This is a silly thread.

By virtue of the fact that you could have leveraged your hold out status to get an extra $20 from each person you passed up enormous equity with the chop

By virtue of the fact that you could have sat back and waited until people busted before agreeing to a deal you passed up marginal equity with the chop.

By ICM theory you passed up equity with the chop

If you had posted this thread in the MTT community forum with a poll it would go at least 70/30 'bad deal' from an equity standpoint.

We, as poker players posting on an internet forum can not tell you if it was a good deal for you or not. Maybe you didn't want to play poker anymore. Maybe you have no confidence in your pushbot abilities. Maybe you gain intangible value out of not being the hold out (of course this is laughable, imagine having a hand that is 40/30/30 in a 3 way all in in a cash game and agreeing to an even money chop because you got guilted into it by peer pressure). But if these intangibles have value to you that is more than the money (equity in the long run) which you obviously passed up by taking the deal then I guess it was a good deal for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I made a bad deal. I just wanted to see what the opinions of others would be.