View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Pretty good draw in 1k facing flop c/r

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like discussion has died down so guess I'll post results. I had JJ and was just mixing it up pretty much. Wouldn't play it like this too often. Come on man you gotta shove there! It's funny on the turn after you called the flop I was trying to represent a hand like you actually had like KQ or 99 or 89 or something. Funny you were the one with the draw. Seemed like you almost called too, or were you just so confused you were just thinking it over?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's kinda why he folded (you trying to rep the type of hand he had) knowing a good aggressive player raising from utg would probably rather b3b than c/r a drawy/semibluff type hand. I guess if you were a random a shove would be great for Menlo b/c you would show up with those hands 99/98/KQ etc more often to make it more profitable. Stack sizes here aren't really condusive to a possible 3bet/fold so if you c/r the flop with 99/98/KQ he is somewhat wasting the value in a medium strength hand out of position if he does this. This is kind of rabblish but if someone can help translate my thoughts it's much appreciated.