View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Visit to Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On November 24 there is a festival in Chiang Mai, Loy Krathong I think it is called, and I was thinking of flying there and attending that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you'll have time, but you might consider taking the train. Thais on trains have been known to gamble and drink beer. At least they did 40 years ago. You'd fit right in.

[/ QUOTE ]

A train ride does sound fun if not adventurous, along with mixing it up in a crowded, hot, smelly, and no privacy steel box; there is always the exciting possibility of being robbed, manhandled, and then tossed from the train into a muddy ditch.

The last time I took a train was from Nogales to Colima, Mexico. The train actually left right on time from Nogales - but after that it was all a gamble and quite a bad one, so I consumed vast quantities of tecate all the way down.

Wish me luck because I will need it and if I don't survive Andy Fox gets my Library, you get to inherit my coin collection which currently is worth about four dollars and twenty three cents. Of couse, I haven't made out my will so all this is moot but no less fun to banter about.

-Zeno