View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: A Subject that hasnt been discussed.

Hey KRANTZ,

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think you should be leading into a preflop reraiser with ~normal sized stacks if you don't think your hand is best. so it would usually be to induce a raise, probably because the line is so strange and not taken often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what you wrote. This is very different from this:

[ QUOTE ]
cero, i mean that i wouldnt lead unless i had a hand with no showdown value at all (as a total bluff), or with a hand that i'm going to bet/fold - i'm leading because i think he's either flat out folding to my bet when i have air, or because he will bluff-raise all-in enough of the time for it to be a better line than c/ring (most notably because when c/ring, he will likely only call with a better hand on this board)

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is not to nail you here, K, but to clarify my thoughts. Your 2nd statement is more in line with what I was saying.

[ QUOTE ]
and if you're meaning that we're leading because Bld might just flat out fold a better TP hand or small overpair some of the time (again, i don't think this is what you mean), then i just totally disagree with that

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was talking generally about donking the flop. So, if we establish some credibility, then we will get some folds when we both miss the flop, or when he hits it very weakly and decides to give up, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
bld is a very strong, aggro player, so there are ways of getting him AI that might not apply to ABC, weaker players

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, which is why I like Hall's postflop line in this hand (not digging the pf call, though).