View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: I think I\'m turning into a Neoconservative

I tend to think that picking fights with people is a sure way to cause more animosity. You can't go all over the world fighting an ideology. Yeah there are "radical islamists", but they are a small percent of the religion. You could look at America as the "radical christians" attacking all these muslim countries, with the exact same arguments. Thousands of Americans were killed by islamists, but hundreds of thousands of them were killed by Americans. Just ponder that for a moment.

If we go into Afghanistan to do nation building, then Iraq, then Iran, then god knows where, I mean how is that any different than what rogue empires do? We have to look at what we do, from the perspective of others. Didn't we fight nazis and the japanese in world war 2 to stop this kind of behavior?

I mean how exactly are we going to win this war on terror? If you honestly think about it, there's only two ways. Invade practically every country in the world, or try and be friends and have peaceful relationships with them.

The more countries you invade, the more and more hostility you create, and more people are willing to commit acts of terrorism against you.

When crime happens, you deal with it accordingly. Pre-emptive strikes make no sense. If you leave them alone, they might attack you, or they might leave you alone. But if you attack them first, you KNOW FOR SURE they are going to attack you back.

If a country attacks another, there is some support from the people, and some opposition from the people. Some will join the fight, but some will oppose it. But when your country is being invaded by a foreign enemy, there near 100% support for the government/military to defend the borders, and people will rise up and fight. Those fighters are labeled as "terrorists", but wouldn't we all fight foreign invaders if they were marching on our streets?

And that's all you're going to get by attacking Iran. You're also going to get a draft, because Iran is 3 times the size of Iran, and we have enough trouble with recruitment. I wonder why.