View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Re: EDF MUSICIANS THREAD (Guitar/Piano/Singers/etc...)

surfinillini,
we are the same person.

i was actually going to make a thread to just talk about music, music theory, what the lyrics to songs mean, learning to play guitar and tips etc.

I started classical piano at 7 too, i'm 22 now, played till i was 17 seriously and then moved out of home and played off and on. now i am playing on a yamaha s90 i bought. at the moment most of my piano playing is just messing around in different keys etc, or learning jazz from Mark Levines 'The Jazz Piano book', which is pretty fantastic. The pieces i am kind of half way through learning that i'd like to finish learning with a teacher at the moment are the Appassionata sonata (I am working mainly on the 3rd movement but have almost learnt to 'play' it, will be a while before it is worth performing), and some random 'nice' pieces like liebestraume, claire de lune, etc. I also started on the chopin ballade in G minor but there is 0 chance i will be motivated to learn it without a piano and teacher.

not taking lessons in guitar or piano, i think i can probably learn electric guitar as efficiently without a teacher anyway since i'm pretty driven and efficient with my time practicing.

oh also, i have my keyboard hooked up to my macbook w/ a motu traveller and am running logic xpress. my guitar is a GnL legacy.