View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: You Make The Call

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you guys made a subjective ruling and played favorites based on your own personal gain (appeasing the fish). This is why as the host/floor, you should stick to the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some home games are more structured than others and this one in particular is very laid back and casual with long time players and every now and then a new player will join. It's not a big group and we've all played at our local card rooms for many years so we know the ropes. Even the noobs aren't really because we don't want the game to degenerate into a free for all. So when I say that one is a fish and the other is a guppie I use these terms relatively.

Honestly, we were all taken aback by the level of anger and the threats of violence.

Edit to add: I forgot to mention that we felt that if we had awarded BB any part of the pot he would have been beaten to a pulp by MP. Personally I think BB was ind of relieved that we ruled that way but he hasn't said anything about it since and we have made a "gentleman's agreement" not to discuss it. He's kind of an odd character and has no social life outside of poker but he is a consistent winner playing locally.