Thread: To move up...
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: To move up...

[ QUOTE ]
i don't advocate multi tabling until you are really solid with how you are playing. Micro's aren't about amassing cash they are about learning how to play the game.

When you are very solidly in the win column and have a double bankroll for the level you are playing at and where the cash starts to have some impact on your experience, then it is at that level that I suggest one starts to try multi tabling.

When I first started multitabling, and I am by no means an expert, I basically kept it very simple.

I would start at a table that I hand selected and spent some time getting reads on the table and making notes on hot players (ie those that gave lots of action and made lots of mistakes)

If I marked two players as hot then I would add another table to the mix and spend time focusing on that table. By highlighting the hot players or the action players at the first table I knew what hands to let go in difficult situations and which ones to push so that I would need to spend less energy on the play study and could focus more on the most opportune times to push my edge.

In other words, I felt comfortable playing tighter and more aggressively. This allowed me to not lose much of the edge I had at the first table and still play with a lot of success at the new table.

I stuck with two tables for a very long time and only jumped to table number two when I had built a few bb lead at the first table.

After awhile as I grew more comfortable with the level and the players and got faster in my decision making process and eventually am at a point now where I can sit down at 4 6 max tables and play them all at once.

I anticipate that I lose around 1 bb/100 with 4 tables but it could be a bit more.

Nevertheless, I don't multitable for long, usually less than an hour before my eyes start to hurt and I am no longer able to concentrate well enough.

At one point I might decide to get a faster computer with a better video system than the old crt I use now but that is for later.

[/ QUOTE ]

v good post, ty.