View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Post hands where your cbet is raised and you play back?

A good tell with some weaker players are what they do when they actually have top pair.. seems simple enough but helps a ton. For instance, at least in HU play, a lot of players have a tendency to just call with top pair in 3-bet pots, that's sort of what they do. So when they all of a sudden make a small raise they really have all or nothing and it's usually nothing.

Villain in this hand insta-raised, I've been c-betting 3-bet pots most of the time.. We had a big hand prior where he just called with KQ on a 710K two club flop so I was pretty sure that on this board he had nothing.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $233
SB: $312.50

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB calls $14

Flop: ($40) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $85</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $213 and is All-In</font>, SB folds

Results: $210 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and WON $209.50 (+$104.50 NET)

Of course with better players it gets harder, but for the most part if you have a general feel of someone's tendencies, your play is at least justified in some way instead of just looking at PT AF stats and randomly deciding to make a stand. Also of course I'd like to be in situations where when I do get called, I have a little equity.