View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Post hands where your cbet is raised and you play back?

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $379.30
MP: $414.40
Hero (CO): $424.60
BTN: $360
SB: $824.95
BB: $459.10

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, BTN calls $14, 2 folds

Flop: ($34) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $66</font>, Hero calls $44

Turn: ($166) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($166) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $100</font>, BTN folds

Results: $166 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and WON $163 (+$83 NET)

villain is 35/25, kind of erratic, just three bet a utg raiser with 93o and showed when he folded.

earlier in the session he three bet me i called and c/f'ed the flop after timing down a little bit.

i've been playing pretty tight and haven't been shown bluffing.

when he raises the flop it feels like a wtf i'm gonna raise the flop cause you're oop and you've got to fold if you have overcards which you're gonna have a lot.

i'm pretty sure he's thinking this so i just call the raise and rep a hand like TT+, remember my image is good, plus i don't think he has much and believe he is a thinking player, just with laggy stats.

he checks the turn which is green light to fire a lot of rivers imo.

i can rep an overpair, maybe even a flush, and he folds.

A couple things made this line work imo.

1. I'm aware of my image as solid so far, plus we have history of me laying down to him before so we have some type of rapport, if that's the right word. with some people that rapport doesn't mean [censored] and they'll keep firing with bluffs or top pair on the board in this hand regardless of my call, but in this instance i felt that his turn bet meant he was giving me some type of credit.

2. the flush came in and he didn't bet the turn. i have more hands i can rep here. i didn't bet the turn but i could've whiffed a c/r, maybe ill donk the turn with a flush, maybe ill go for a c/r, he knows he has a crazy kind of aggressive image so he may think i think he's gonna follow up with a turn bet...

3. i put in a decent size river bet and not a lot of people at 2/4 would take this line with air so in combo with my image my line looks fairly strong.

pretty borderline play imo but with my read of him along with my image and how the hand played out with him checking behind fairly quickly on the turn, my line seemed to fit nicely.