View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Reraising Preflop with Previous Callers in NL

[ QUOTE ]

WHAT DO YOU DO???

Do you just call hoping that one of the players left to act will rereaise so you can reraise again?

[/ QUOTE ]

This might make sense with very deep stacks or if you have an opponent behind you with Fancy Play Syndrome who tries the squeeze play too much (and an opening raiser who is perceived as loose). It doesn't sound like you have such a table.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you raise the pot making it ~$200 to go?
Do you over raise the pot, ~$300+, hoping the players left to act fold and only the initial raiser calls?
Or do you do something totally different?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise to 300, the only hands that will call you might be ones that would have reraised, so you're missing a lot of action. I usually want to be called when I raise preflop with aces. If I knew that shoving all-in pre-flop would get 3 callers, that's what I would do with aces.

A pot-sized raise would be to $155 if I did my math correctly. I would probably raise to a number between $100 and that. An alternative strategy based on your reading ability might be to think about what is the maximum raise that the first raiser would call with a hand like TT or AQ and pick that amount.