Thread: ATs vs LAG
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: ATs vs LAG

[ QUOTE ]
If it was HU on the flop and I'm OOP against an aggromonkey, I like check/calling down because it gives him the rope to hang himself. But in this case I'd rather do what I can to get it HU against someone with a very wide range. I think giving yourself that chance trumps the risk of spending an extra SB or BB.

I'd also like to make him uncomfortable from time to time, rather than let him always set the tone for the hand. I don't know how maniacal villain is, but sometimes laggros will get ego-invested in bullying you out of the hand and give you much more than a c/c line.

If he 3-bets your c/r, or raises at any time, I'd just call down. But until he raises, bet like you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about spending the extra bet. That's why I want him to bet the flop and get raised.

I see the rationale for the c/c line against spew monkeys, especially on the big bet streets. I'm advocating maybe getting yourself more value by trying to put more bets in on the flop instead of going straight to call down mode, which I think as a standard play OOP HU against a LAG sacrifices monies.