View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
If I reinstall the latest version of HEM is there a way to replace its default database with the original database I imported 500k hands to?

[/ QUOTE ]

The database should still be there and HM should still be able to connect to it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, any idea why the user account may have been deleted? It seems ironic that it occurred after the install of HEM. I believe it may have something to do with manually ending processes in task manager though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you disabled UAC before installing or something like that? Closing the tasks should never cause a problem like this.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if HM has any way of telling that a HH is a duplicate

[/ QUOTE ]

It will skip the second attempt to import the hand - so if the mined version of the hand is imported first then your actually played version will not be imported. Only issue with this is that you will be missing your hole cards. I might be able to improve this although it would slow down import speeds a little - maybe make it an option to overwrite mined version of a hand with an unmined version?

[ QUOTE ]
Is there locking of the DB at the table or row level?

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be improved although even in its current state you should not have any issues importing from multiple computers into one database.

[ QUOTE ]
Does HM have an archive mechanism for HH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a physical one yet although all HH's are stored in the DB. A future beta update will move hands to an appropriate archive folder.

[ QUOTE ]
bunch of weird functionality after getting it to work by creating an alias

[/ QUOTE ]

Will look into this some more. Thanks for all of the detail.

[ QUOTE ]
Prima errors

[/ QUOTE ]

Prima still has a failry high error rate on imports. THe next update should have this lowered quite a bit.

Thanks,

rvg