View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Oh Canada! Let\'s get rid of the income tax.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No problem. I'm sure there's tons of stuff that we agree on. But you didn't need me in order to show GCYW's posts were wrong on here. Was that all you were after or was there another point? (that is a genuine question and isn't intended to be snide.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom,

Yeah there probably is. The reason I wanted another take on GCYW's words were because I tend to take everything with a grain of salt on here (when someone says "all" or "never" they really mean 99%) but when GCYW made a follow up post explaining that taxes can't help anyone, I wanted clarification from another person.

All the time we hear things like that (not just from ACists, statists as well) things like "without government there won't be corporations/big companies" and other nonsense so it's good to be sure of what the person, who's opinions you're taking the time to read, really thinks.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Well noone knows for certain what a society without a government will look exactly like. I think most of the nevers and always' are 70/30 shorthand/hyperbole. It's better than saying under AC it is extremely likely that there will be far fewer big companies and where they exist they will have to show much better management to prove to potential investors that it is worth the increased liability risk. If someone is engaging on the "lol capitalists you must love Enron then" level simple is probably the way to go. Obviously for someone who reads into it, thinks and has an open mind in depth is probably the better answer.