View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

Just swam 3500 meters mostly pulling sets finished with an 800 IM. Also stretched 15 minutes prior to swimming and it felt really good after doing the WOD yesterday including my first day doing cleans. Good link for quick 10-15 pre-swim stretching: Flexibility for Swimming.

My arms were crazy tight from dips..If I'm going to maintain/improve my swimming while adding CrossFit and SS workouts I must stretch daily to maintain my flexibility.

off to do the Crossfit warm-up and todays WOD-hopefully I'll be able to find that weight belt that is sitting somewhere around the gym to do the weighted pullups.

after taking off the practice plates yesterday doing cleans and adding just 35 lbs plates ..I felt pitifully weak..havent really lifted or done regular compund lifts for years.

Depending on how I feel after the CrossFit workout ..I may to do my first SS workout later today. I dont want to do it right after my WOD maybe 2- 6 hours later. Luckily I live right down the street from a great gym.

Anybody have any good clues on the warmup regiment for SS Workout. Should I do 10 reps extremely lite, 6-8 reps light then do 3x5? The bb.com article all 150 pages of it dont mention a specific warmup ritual.

Dont have the book yet just ordered the 2nd edition last week.