View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: 25NL: AA, monotone flop

[ QUOTE ]
Not if you open push the turn. Should've put that in my reply above. If you want to continue call flop, push turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chargers,

What does this gain us? We are pot committing ourselves by calling the flop there. Do you think villain doesn't realize this and might actually fold once he gets to the turn and we lead with a less than 1/2 pot turn push? I just don't see this happening as villain didn't shove the flop looking for FE, he made a very nicely sized raise. Not trying to argue but am genuinely interested in your thoughts.

They way I see it the flop is a fold or shove. If I had the suited A I'd push all day, but I don't here and I'm not sure what villain's raise means. He may be protecting a made baby flush, a set, or what he believes to be a tptk hand. It's also possible he's merely drawing to the NF with and AhQx or AhKx. Since he raises though rather than shoving I'm leaning more towards protecting than drawing.

I've attempted to PokerStove his range but am not certain I'm doing it correctly (trying to put in Ah and K/Q of another suit). Here's what I get though (and someone please help me with my PokerStoving technique if I need it):

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

26,730 games 0.002 secs 13,365,000 games/sec

Board: 6h 3h Qh
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 50.009% 48.41% 01.60% 12940 427.50 { AcAd }
Hand 1: 49.991% 48.39% 01.60% 12935 427.50 { KK-QQ, 66, 33, AQs+, 87s, AQo }

So, in my estimate we are perhaps a coinflip on the flop, but if we pull out the AQo we are definitely behind. I think that without the suited A, history with this villain, or having seen him raise semi-bluffs that I fold on the flop.

LC