View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: AJs Sunday Million/Early

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You only need to be good about 22% of the time to break even on the river call. However, I would say that you are not good that often and can make a tough fold and feel good about it.

I really, really dislike the turn call btw. I think in this tournament I much prefer to raise his 1500 and get it in on the flop. I mean we have a nut draw; our Ace is good a fair amount - and we need to do a lot of flipping and gambling in that tournament anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "dislike the turn call" you mean you'd prefer folding, how can you say that at the same time as wanting to reraise the flop. He's betting the turn with nearly every hand he checkraises the flop with.

I think I call flop, call turn, call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply.

Our equity will always be best on the flop. And if we re - raise, we sometimes get folds from 1010 - JJ (which is good for us). And we should be expecting that when he bets his range on the turn he doesn't make the bet he did which nearly prices us in to chase to the river.

And, given that betsize from him on the turn, I think that he has a set and we should fold. But his range was wider on the basis of his flop action. He doesn't neccesarily have a set at that point - and that's where I like to get it in. Because I don't want to fold. And I don't want to face a retarded turn decision.