View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Park 15/30 - OESF draw and nut straight on flop

[ QUOTE ]
Mitch -- we're getting 9:1 to call the river, which means we have to be chopping, what, over 20% of the time. And after we call her turn raise, I just don't imagine her firing again on the river very often with a naked Q (no flush, no KQ, no boat). That river pairing scares every live player.

Now I'm not saying calling is bad, I'm just saying folding is probably better or at least as good, so the comment "anything other than calling is terrible" sounds a bit specious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt mean it to say folding was terrible, I thought he thinking of betting. I also believe pf is close but I would probably call in a 2/3 5handed. Also we have given no indication that we have a big hand. We just donked the flop and called a turn raise. I dont know maybe someone should stove it, but I think she can have AsQx and still bet the river. Also, someone said to reflect on your image. This is important. If she is so scared/passive that she neglects to bet the river against anyone then it is probably a fold. I.e. She should not really fear your hand if you are checking to her. Some even passive players will recognize that you would never check raise here so she has an easy bet with a big range. If she is type who clams up on every scary river card against all opposition then it is clear check/fold. In my experience these types don't usually play 5-handed, but you were there and probably know. Regardless if this is my first session playing with her she is getting looked up.