View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
What are some favorite threads of yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't actually use that feature on 2+2 really, I guess I should. I sometimes remember old threads I loved and try and search for them and sometimes find them. There is a hugeeee thread from probably 2.5 years ago when there was a large organized 2+2 gathering in Vegas which I attended when I didn't know anybody and was a micro limit player scared to play the 4/8 game at the Bellagio. That thread is awesome and has some great stories from that very memorable trip.

[ QUOTE ]
What area are you from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Tucson, AZ, went to University of Arizona for undergrad (computer engineer by school) and now live in San Diego with my wife (of one month!).

[ QUOTE ]
Now for the standard: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What is the least common good advice you read on the forums?
What is the most common bad advice you reads on the forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough one...good advice: Figure out WHY you are making a certain play, WHY should I raise here? WHY should I fold? This is a hard thing to find examples of but its easy to get caught up in people making one liner responses that may very well be the best play but when you are just learning the game it doesn't matter what the best play is if you don't understand WHY you should make it and how to apply that information to new and different situations.

For worst advice I'll say "raise or fold" - I am more passive than many and don't mind checking and calling in certain situations. This is less relevant at the micro limits where you want to be more aggressive than most of your loose passive opponents, but when you move up or start encountering loose aggressive players, finding spots to check and call can make your life a lot easier.

-DeathDonkey