View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Sherri, my favorite remains to this day Savage/Warrior WM7 retirement match. I was (and still am) a huge Savage mark and that match with the followup angle afterwards was awesome and still has staying power some 16 years later. If only they had the writing creativity to pull something off like that today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what made these angles so great back then was because storyline were built up slowly. Savage and Elizabeth's on and off again relationship were years in the making and when they finally reconciled it was an awesome moment and people in the crowd were actually tearing up. I remembered watching this as a kid with my family. With the exception of me and my dad who were hardcore wrestling fans at the time, the rest of my family were very casual fans. They knew part of the history with Elizabeth and Savage and what happened during that match had everyone buzzing. Even they knew that what they just watched was something VERY special and they were in awe of how good that storyline was from the WWF. They were like, this may be the greatest thing we've ever seen.

New wrestling fans would never understand how much emotional attachment fans had to wrestling back then. Storylines were well thought out and left you with anticipation. As opposed to today's wrestling where things happen at a breakneck pace where wins/losses and titles mean absolutely nothing. I miss those days. This was definately a great moment.