View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

[ QUOTE ]
99.9% of chip dumping is money laundering. Illegally obtained funds are transferred around from player to player until the dumping is so complex you cannot trace who has legally or illegally ended up with the money. The “dirty” money is laundered until it is “clean”. Hence the term “money laundering”.

Most of money laundering activity involves drugs, prostitution and most dangerously of all terrorism. It is the duty of every law abiding citizen to report suspicious activity so it can be investigated fully.

[/ QUOTE ]
So people are dumping chips to pay for hookers and blow?

I suspect (with no real data to back it up) the large majority of chip dumps are people innocently, but foolishly trying to move money around without going through the proper channels. People paying debts, staking other players, moving money to alternate accounts - that type of thing.

The problem is that some (what percentage, I don't know) of these chip dumps aren't innocent. They are people defrauding the poker site or stealing from its players. We should be aware and report chip dumping to protect each other from theft.

And if Rek reports the chip dumping to save the world from drugs, prostitution, and terrorism I guess that's OK too.