Thread: Wives and Poker
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Wives and Poker

Having been newly married a few times, I think I may have some insight into your situation.

Your wife married you to be there, if she wanted to go to bed alone and have a part time lover she would have stayed single.

The 'average' guy in your situation (non poker player) plays golf, rides a bicycle, etc on Saturday daytime with the guys, and that's about it. The rest of his life is oriented towards his family.

There is hope for you though. There is a chemical reaction that happens slowely in marriage. Give it another five years and she won't care that you want to stay out of bed and play poker online. Ten years from now, she would rather you are playing poker online than hanging out at the bar with the boys and the forty something single (lonely & horny) women who don't care that you are married.

If that doesn't make sense look at it this way? Your little boy will be grown up and gone next week, your wife will have wrinkles and droopy appendages. You will likely be a little droopy yourself.

What I am saying is like many other previous posts, poker will always be there, what you have now, will not. Go find some Harry Chapin songs and give them a listen.