View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Killer Poker Shorthanded

[ QUOTE ]
His books get better each time. This book is a great book because it explains SH strategy without the 2+2 pedantics.

JV explains how to play SH cash games, six player types and how to play each of them in various positions, various MTT and STT SH scenarios, and HU scenarios.

There is a quiz at the end of each chapter. The answers serve as a chapter review.

There is no fill-in-the-blank questions or journals to write like he has in some earlier books.

His writing style is down-to-earth and funny. One quote is a good example "Poker is like hash brownies . You get out what you put in".

You will learn a great deal about SH play from the book. You will also read some things you know, but that will be a good review. You will also see some tricks in the book that you (like me) have figured out from experience, and seeing it in the book is a good validation of those tricks.

I highly recommend KP SH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard of hash browns (and eaten them) and I have heard of hashish brownies (although never had any), but never hash brownies.