View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Killer Poker Shorthanded

[ QUOTE ]
I have this book on my shelf and will get around to reading it sometime. Probably around the same time that Daniel Negreanu gets done with his Power Hold'Em book

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard they pushed Negreanu's book back, then forward, then back, then more back, then forward, then way back and some more back, then back, slightly forward and now back again. It should hit the shelves in time for Xmas 2023 (unless it's pushed forward or back, but that probably won't happen).

I kinda like the killer poker books. They're a nice change from 2+2's outrageously boring style, and I admit I flat out enjoy Vorhaus' writing. That being said, pick up a few nuggets on the mental side of things, because actual poker strategy should be studied in the 2+2 or DB tomes. As Vorhaus states in Killer Poker No Limit: "I understand Sklansky about as well as Sanskrit" (or something to that effect) - and it shows. Taken for what they are, guides to develop the right mind set, I think they're good. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Smurf