View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: How do Americans view Europeans?

[ QUOTE ]
I generally like Europeans. They seem to "get it" about the important stuff, like family and vacations and work/life balance. It's tough to generalize because of all the different countries but that's my overall sense.

I understand that you may be interested in the thoughts of Americans on this matter but I don't think you're going to get much out of it. Most Americans think about very little beyond food and tv. Plus, Americans are all so different. I'm a northern liberal. I like hockey and Democrats, I live in an urban apartment, shop at a natural foods co-op and so forth. I drive a German car. I have way, way more in common with your average European (at least, in the Western European countries) than I do with a huge numbers of Americans (maybe even most). For instance, people in the South. I have nothing in common with them. Nothing. Their accents are ridiculous, they're politically retarted and their insanely consumeristic and narrow minded.

I guess the thing I like best about Europeans is that they don't have huge political blocs in their country that are trying to roll them back to the 19th century.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is (hopefully), one of the best satirical posts on the internets.