View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Just turned pro got a couple questions?

You are way above sustainable....the fact that you don't know this means you shouldn't be a pro.

I know this and I haven't played sng's in quite a while as I play cash games now (ironically for a living...for a while anyway, I'll be attending law school next year...if I were superstitious I'd cross my fingers on which one.) So actually I'll play for a living through that too...then I guess I'll look for a job...unless I happen to progress far enough that getting a job as a lawyer would cost me money or that it's close enough that the extra happiness of not having a job is worth it. (Of course gotta factor in pension plans and all sort of stuff.)

Anyway, OP, just from you not understanding sample sizes and sustainable winrates and such I doubt you are good enough to be a pro...although possible I guess. Also from you average stake I guess a little low to be a pro unless you can maintain a real good ROI (I'm thinkin like 12%) and play large volume: like 1500-2000 a month.....though I guess even lower than those totals is possible. Just depends on retirement plans (if you plan to play pro long term), as well as how many tables you can play at a time, and how much money you need to live, etc.